DENVER – Centura Health, Colorado’s largest health care provider, has been named one of the “50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in the United States” by I Love Rewards, the leader in employee rewards and recognition solutions. This annual award recognizes top employers that display leadership and innovation in engaging their employees. It has grown this year to honor 50 companies in the U.S. and 50 in Canada.
EMPLOYEE ENAGEMENT AT CENTURA HEALTH
· The best hearts and minds in medicine, Centura Health’s 14,500 associates, care for more than half a million patients and residents in Colorado each year.
· Associates dedication to the mission, vision and values of Centura Health, a non-profit, faith-based organization, enables them to connect to provide care that transcends hospital walls and focuses on the health and wellbeing of all Coloradans.
· Guided by the Centura Health 2020 Strategic Plan, Centura Health’s associates receive support with continuing education and numerous other learning and development opportunities that provide them the guidance and knowledge to collectively transform the way health care is delivered in Colorado.
· In 2009, the 2020 Champions program, an internal peer ambassador program, was created to build a groundswell of support internally. After the first year, associate familiarity showed significant improvement, with those indicating they are somewhat familiar increasing from 37 percent to 58 percent.
· In 2010, Centura’s 2020 Champions successfully introduced Centura’s first associate wellness initiative, resulting in a culture of health and associates who were more engaged in steps to take for better health.
FACTS ABOUT THE 50 MOST ENGAGED WORKPLACES™ AWARDS
· The 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ Awards panel of judges evaluated each applicant on how they measured up to other organizations based on the Eight Elements of Employee Engagement™. The Eight Elements of Employee Engagement™ include: Communication, Leadership, Culture, Rewards & Recognition, Professional & Personal Growth, Accountability & Performance, Vision & Values and Corporate Social Responsibility.
· Recipients of the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ Awards will be honored at award galas on October 26, 2011 in San Francisco, California and on November 15, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario.
· The panel of judges included Dr. Bob Nelson, PhD, Best Selling Author and President of Nelson
Motivation Inc., Paul Hebert, Managing Director and Lead Consultant of i2i, Stacia Garr, SR Analyst with Bersin & Associates, Debbie McGrath, Founder and Chief Instigator at HR.com and Razor Suleman, Founder & CEO of I Love Rewards.
· “This award is further testament to the unmatched talent – our best hearts and minds – that continue to represent Centura Health across the state and deliver advanced care to Coloradans in a personalized manner,” said Julie Ambory, senior vice president and chief human resources officer, Centura Health. “Our associates receive ongoing coaching and feedback in an environment that supports their continuous development and growth; as a result, Centura Health and Colorado reap the benefits with connections that transform the way people think about their health.”
· “More employers are realizing that the most successful organizations are those that invest in employee engagement,” said Razor Suleman, CEO and Founder, I Love Rewards. “We’re thrilled to honor those companies that are truly committed to creating positive, thriving work environments. These companies understand that their employees are their greatest asset and are leading by example as they revolutionize the workplace. All of our award winners are ahead of the curve – they should be extremely proud.”
For more information about the Centura Health network of care, visit www.centura.org.
About Centura Health:
Centura Health, Colorado’s health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Health’s integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life® Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 14,500 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it – close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope. Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.
About I Love Rewards
I Love Rewards is an employee recognition solution that helps companies recognize brilliant performance and empowers employees to choose their own rewards. Unlike traditional service award programs, I Love Rewards creates authentic moments of recognition that resonate with workers of every generation. I Love Rewards' clients include 3M, Eli Lilly, Marriott, ConAgra Foods and Health Now. On the web at www.iloverewards.com