ENGLEWOOD, CO – Centura Health recently signed an affiliation and services agreement to coordinate efforts to expand the scope of services offered and enhance the health status of residents with two of San Luis Valley’s leading health care providers, Rio Grande Hospital in Del Norte and Conejos County Hospital in La Jara. The affiliation establishes an expanded system of care for both hospitals, providing residents and health care providers greater access to Colorado's largest health care network.
Centura Health, Rio Grande Hospital and Conejos County Hospital believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible, and will partner through these independent affiliation agreements to provide specific resources and services that support development of shared programs that complement and expand clinical services. The collaboration also promotes sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management.
Rio Grande Hospital becomes the fifth independent affiliate and Conejos County Hospital becomes the sixth independent affiliate to unite with the Centura Health network, joining San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa, Colo., Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center in Salida, Colo., Kremmling Memorial Hospital District in Kremmling and Granby, Colo. and Goodland Regional Medical Center in Goodland, Kansas.
FACTS AND STATS:
- Across the nation, the challenge to extend quality, accessible, affordable health care beyond city boundaries is growing.
- Changes in reimbursement models, regulatory and compliance issues, electronic health management and clinical services have never been more challenging.
- Keeping health care local contributes to a community’s economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- Centura Health is committed to building systems of care that connect our operating entities and health care partners via a seamless network of excellence, delivering health care when and where they are needed.
- By sharing best practices across our integrated delivery network, we elevate the level of care we provide in every setting from preventative care to rehabilitation.
- “Our three organizations share a common vision and commitment to improving the delivery of health care for our patients and communities today and into the future,” said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. “We plan to take advantage of our organizations’ shared strengths and opportunities while enhancing the quality and scope of services available to enhance the health status of residents across Colorado.”
- “Our affiliation with Centura Health will allow Rio Grande Hospital to continue to bring the best health care to the people of the Western San Luis Valley through collaboration with a high quality health care organization,” said Arlene Harms, hospital administrator and CEO of Rio Grande Hospital. “It’s an opportunity to have new resources and partners in continuing to bring patient-centered, value-based care to our community and still remain an independent organization.”
- “Our established affiliation with SLV Regional Medical Center and our organizations’ shared-commitment to provide exceptional health care across the San Luis Valley, made the decision to partner with a clinical leader like Centura Health a logical next step,” said Henry Garvin, CEO, Conejos County Hospital. “By coordinating efforts and sharing best practices with SLVRMC and the entire Centura Health network, we can strengthen, and hopefully expand, our local health care services for generations to come.”
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health, Colorado’s health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Health’s integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life® Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 14,500 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it – close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope. Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.
About Rio Grande Hospital
Rio Grande Hospital is an acute care hospital with 17 licensed beds, a Level 4 trauma designation, a 5-bed emergency room, full-service lab, orthopedics, physical therapy, radiology, respiratory therapy and surgery. In addition, it includes four clinics: Creede, Del Norte, Monte Vista and South Fork. It is part of Valley Citizens’ Foundation for Healthcare, Inc., a community nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide health care to the Western San Luis Valley. The tradition of health care at Del Norte goes back to 1907 when St. Joseph Hospital opened. St. Joseph closed in 1993, and Rio Grande Hospital opened in the same building in 1996. A new hospital building was constructed and Rio Grande Hospital moved to the new $10 million facility in 2004. To learn more about Rio Grande Hospital’s providers and services, visit www.rio-grande-hospital.org.
About Conejos County Hospital
Conejos County Hospital is a critical access hospital located in La Jara, Colo., with general trauma and surgical hospital capabilities, 17 licensed beds, a trauma center and sleep center, physical rehabilitation, wound management and community outreach programs including health fairs and screenings, as well as CT imaging systems. The hospital includes three medical clinics located in Antonito, La Jara and Conejos. To learn more about Conejos County Hospital’s providers and services, visit http://cchco.org/.