DENVER, CO (Apr. 30, 2012) – Centura Health and Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home, Hugo, Colo., have signed an affiliation and services agreement to coordinate efforts to expand the scope of health care services offered and enhance the health status of residents in Lincoln County and surrounding areas. The affiliation establishes an expanded system of care for Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home, providing residents and health care providers greater access to Colorado’s largest health care network.
Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home becomes the seventh independent affiliate to unite with the Centura Health network, joining San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa, Colo., Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center in Salida, Colo., Kremmling Memorial Hospital District in Kremmling and Granby, Colo., Goodland Regional Medical Center, Goodland, Kansas, Rio Grande Hospital, Del Norte, Colo. and Conejos County Hospital, LaJara, Colo.
Both Centura Health and Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home believe health care should be delivered locally whenever possible, and will partner through this independent affiliation agreement to provide specific resources and services that support development of shared programs that complement and expand clinical services. The collaboration also promotes sharing of best practices amongst clinical professionals including education, development and overall talent management.
FACTS AND STATS:
- Across the nation, the challenge to extend quality, accessible, affordable health care beyond city boundaries is growing.
- Changes in reimbursement models, regulatory and compliance issues, electronic health management and clinical services have never been more challenging.
- Keeping health care local contributes to a community’s economic viability and is a critical consideration for the rural provider.
- Centura Health is committed to building systems of care that connect our operating entities and health care partners via a seamless network of excellence, delivering health care when and where they are needed.
- By sharing best practices across our integrated delivery network, we elevate the level of care we provide in every setting from preventative care to rehabilitation.
- “Centura Health and Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home share a common vision and commitment to improving the delivery of health care for our patients and communities,” said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. “Through our affiliation, we will to take advantage of our organizations’ shared strengths and opportunities while enhancing the quality and scope of services available to improve the health status of residents across eastern Colorado.”
- “This agreement is a continuation of our long-standing relationship with Centura Health to provide health care locally while meeting the needs of patients requiring many of the health care services offered in larger communities,” said Herman Schreivogel, CEO of Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home. “The affiliation will help us strengthen and expand local health services to provide the care and dedication our residents deserve while remaining independent.”
- “The agreement with Centura Health is another example of our commitment to growing and strengthening clinical services in our community,” said Keith James, board chair, Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home. “We are pleased to join a trusted partner and health care leader in this effort, and look forward to working with Centura as we face the health care challenges that lie ahead.”
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health, Colorado’s health care leader, is focused on connecting Coloradans to affordable, world-class care in every corner of the state. Centura Health’s integrated statewide network includes 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life® Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Approximately 14,500 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available. For Coloradans, this means the top expertise and technology is right where you need it – close to where you are. We reach beyond hospital walls to connect with people at every stage of life to bring them life-enriching compassion and life-affirming hope. Connections that only Centura Health can make. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.
About Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home
Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home is a 25-bed Critical Access Level IV Trauma Hospital in Hugo, Colo. with an attached 35 bed long term care facility. Our vision is to serve Lincoln County and the surrounding area with the best medical care while continuing to expand services that offer the best medical care and dedication each of our neighbors and friends need and deserve. To find out more about Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing home, please visit www.lincolncommunityhospitalandnursinghome.com.