DENVER (March 8, 2011) – Centura Health, Colorado’s largest health care provider, released its second interactive Annual Report and Community Impact Report for fiscal year 2010, which began July 1, 2009 and ended June 30, 2010. The comprehensive annual report invites residents around the state to directly connect with Centura Health 2020, the network-wide strategic plan – and partner with Centura Health to chart the future of health care in Colorado and promote wellness at all stages of life. In addition, a new feature this year enables residents to share their Centura Health story and read about other experiences from around the state via the Centura Health Facebook page.
• Centura Health today launched an interactive annual report via a comprehensive, web-based program highlighting accomplishments, including activity around the network-wide strategic plan, Centura Health 2020.
• In 2010, as part of the Creating Systems of Care 2020 tenet, Centura Health established a comprehensive Colorado Cardiac and Vascular Network and Stroke Network of Care. The creation of these fully integrated networks enables Centura Health to extend its nationally recognized life-saving, advanced care for both cardiac and stroke patients to every corner of the state.
• Serving more than half a million people each year, Centura Health’s annual report provides residents with full access to learn more about how Centura Health is working to accomplish the three tenets of the 2020 Plan: Creating Systems of Care, Moving Upstream, and Strengthening the Foundation. The report also provides a comprehensive look at Community Benefits, with information on how Centura Health advocates for health issues, cares for the poor and underinsured and its international mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ through Centura Global Health Initiatives by providing medical care to areas where health care is limited or difficult to obtain.
• The Centura Health network includes 13 hospitals, four free-standing emergency departments, affiliated partner hospitals, urgent care, more than 130 pre-hospital agencies, Centura Health at Home’s six home care agencies and seven long-term care communities, and Flight For Life® Colorado.
• To access Centura Health’s fully-interactive annual report, visit www.centura.org and click on the “Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2010” button.
• “As we usher in a new era of health care, Centura Health remains committed to provide high quality, service excellence, convenient access, and cost effectiveness for all Coloradans in need of health care. Through our extensive network and coordinated systems of care, Centura Health helps Coloradans to navigate the complexities of health care,” said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. “Guided by the Centura Health 2020 plan, and in concert with our partners, we are dedicated to delivering personalized care based on the individual needs of our residents. Backed by our 125-year legacy in the state, we are proud to be the health care ‘Partner for Life’ for thousands of people across Colorado.”
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health is Colorado’s largest hospital and health care network and we are charting the course for the future of health care. Approximately 14,500 of the health care industry’s best and brightest, including more than 6,000 physician partners, deliver advanced care to more than half a million people each year, across 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life® Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Our strength lies in our ability to offer a team of connected networks and shared resources to deliver accessible, reliable and cost-effective health care across the state. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.