Gary Campbell, Centura Health president and CEO, today released the latest video reporting on Centura Health’s dedicated efforts to manage wellness in the workplace in an effort to increase the value of health care and improve the health of Coloradans for generations to come. The video includes interviews with Centura Health associates and Colorado employers who have partnered with Centura Centers for Occupational Medicine (CCOM) to create successful wellness at work programs that have benefited employees.
The video is the fifth in a series of quarterly community dialogues by Campbell and Centura Health, and focuses on Centura Health’s efforts to manage health through its own associate wellness initiative, Code You. Along with Campbell, the video features interviews with Annmarie Castro, Centura Health’s vice president of compensation and benefits, and leader of the associate wellness initiative (Denver); Erin Denholm, president and CEO of Centura Health at Home and co-chair, Health Management Council (Denver); and Margaret Sabin, CEO of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services and executive sponsor, Centura Centers for Occupational Medicine (Colorado Springs).
- The video includes remarks from business leaders who recognize the value of a healthy workforce, as well as the stories of Centura Health associates who are taking steps to better health.
- By partnering with Colorado employers, Centura Health is working to reach thousands of Coloradans to prevent disease and promote health, and manage chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and more.
- Centura Centers for Occupational Medicine (CCOM) offers wellness expertise to help Colorado employers keep their employees healthy. CCOM reaches out to employers, offering services such as onsite wellness challenges, smoking cessation, weight loss programs, nutrition classes, mental health services, chronic disease management, and drug screenings.
- Centura Health’s Health Management Council not only coordinates internal initiatives but external outreach as well, reaching out to businesses, schools, groups and individuals throughout Colorado with ways to promote good health and wellness.
- As one of the largest statewide employers, Centura Health recognizes the importance of a healthy workforce and encourages its associates to move upstream to manage their health and recently launched a system-wide campaign that encourages involvement in personal training, walking groups and contests, classes and health screenings.
- Centura Health is committed to helping Coloradans navigate health through wellness and prevention – focusing on wellness care as well as traditional sick care throughout the communities it serves.
- Centura Health’s 14,500 associates, along with 6,000 physician partners, are passionate about their mission to nurture the health of the people in our communities by promoting wellness and helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
- “Centura Health is committed to nurturing communities from all four corners of the state by focusing on wellness care to keep people out of the hospital,” said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. “We’re partnering with employers to create healthier workforces and we’re practicing what we preach through our own associate wellness program, all in order to further elevate the value of health care while preserving and promoting our mission and heritage.”
For more information on Centura Health, visit www.centura.org.
# # #
About Centura Health
Centura Health is Colorado’s largest hospital and health care network and we are charting the course for the future of health care. Approximately 14,500 of the health care industry’s best and brightest, including more than 6,000 physician partners, deliver advanced care to more than half a million people each year, across 13 hospitals, seven senior living communities, medical clinics, affiliated partner hospitals, Flight For Life® Colorado, and home care and hospice services. Our strength lies in our ability to offer a team of connected networks and shared resources to deliver accessible, reliable and cost-effective health care across the state. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.